Father Gerry Jean-Juste passed away yesterday. I can think of few deaths, particularly of people I have never met personally, that have saddened me as much. As Brian Concannon says, “we can honor Fr. Gerry, and keep him in our midst, by continuing his work for justice for Haitians in Haiti and in the U.S.” Here’s a video interview with Fr. Gerry, posted at the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti website. Check the IJDH website for further tributes – more are surely on the way.
Contactmissmachetera (at) gmail (dot) com
- Rubio envia a Jacobson un Hellfire. Jacobson responde con un Minuteman.
- Rubio Sends Hellfire to Jacobson; Jacobson Responds With Minuteman
- The Establishment proposes catching up in Cuba by ignoring its government
- Alan Gross’ Fasting Folly
- Cuba’s Updated Migration Policy Totally Confounds the United States and the Micro-Republic of Miami