Father Gerry Jean-Juste passed away yesterday. I can think of few deaths, particularly of people I have never met personally, that have saddened me as much. As Brian Concannon says, “we can honor Fr. Gerry, and keep him in our midst, by continuing his work for justice for Haitians in Haiti and in the U.S.” Here’s a video interview with Fr. Gerry, posted at the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti website. Check the IJDH website for further tributes – more are surely on the way.
Contactmissmachetera (at) gmail (dot) com
- Rubio envia a Jacobson un Hellfire. Jacobson responde con un Minuteman.
- Rubio Sends Hellfire to Jacobson; Jacobson Responds With Minuteman
- The Establishment proposes catching up in Cuba by ignoring its government
- Alan Gross’ Fasting Folly
- Cuba’s Updated Migration Policy Totally Confounds the United States and the Micro-Republic of Miami
- The sordid history of Lewis Amselem, Deputy U.S. Permanent Representative to the OAS
- The face of white separatism in Bolivia
- U.S. military makes itself at home in Costa Rica
- Maradona: the anti-imperialist perfect ten
- Collateral abuse in the "Russian agent" case
- Oh what a (not so) tangled web we weave
- Why are Marines disembarking in Costa Rica?
- Quito's Police: CIA breeding ground
- On Anna Ardin, Israel Shamir and glass houses
- South of the Border: Oliver Stone y su monstruo del pantano