Father Gerry Jean-Juste passed away yesterday. I can think of few deaths, particularly of people I have never met personally, that have saddened me as much. As Brian Concannon says, “we can honor Fr. Gerry, and keep him in our midst, by continuing his work for justice for Haitians in Haiti and in the U.S.” Here’s a video interview with Fr. Gerry, posted at the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti website. Check the IJDH website for further tributes – more are surely on the way.
Contactmissmachetera (at) gmail (dot) com
- Rubio envia a Jacobson un Hellfire. Jacobson responde con un Minuteman.
- Rubio Sends Hellfire to Jacobson; Jacobson Responds With Minuteman
- The Establishment proposes catching up in Cuba by ignoring its government
- Alan Gross’ Fasting Folly
- Cuba’s Updated Migration Policy Totally Confounds the United States and the Micro-Republic of Miami
- Meet Pepe Hernández, CANF's terrorist president
- Silvio Rodríguez on his upcoming Puerto Rican and U.S. tour
- U.S. military makes itself at home in Costa Rica
- Why are Marines disembarking in Costa Rica?
- Hillary Clinton & Harley Lappin: two people who can stop the torture of Gerardo Hernández now
- The face of white separatism in Bolivia
- The Habeas Corpus Appeal of Gerardo Hernández, one of the Cuban Five: he had no advance knowledge about Brothers to the Rescue shoot down