Advisory: Terrorists and coup-plotters from all over Latin America to meet at U.S. Capitol building in Washington - español
Almost all those scheduled to attend a meeting that will take place this Wednesday, November 17th, in a hearing room at the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington D.C., have been linked with terrorism and in many cases coups d’etat and assassination attempts in Latin America.
Apparently this news was not meant to be revealed and was accidentally leaked to the Argentinean news agency Télam last Friday. The details were later confirmed by some Bolivian participants as well as other sources.
The list of the main participants whose names were leaked comprise a real who’s who of those who want to manipulate the destiny of Latin America according to the ideas that fit their neo-fascist profile.
Here they are:
1. The Cuban-American congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, whom House Republicans have chosen to lead the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Everyone knows how this Miami daughter of an old apologist for the dictator Fulgencio Batista was elected years ago after a noisy campaign to free the Cuban terrorist Orlando Bosch, and how she has shown her solidarity with other murderers of the same stripe; Luis Posada Carriles and Eduardo Arocena. Ros-Lehtinen has gone so far as to call publicly for the assassination of the Cuban leader Fidel Castro, and to turn Cuba into “another Iraq.”
2. Connie Mack, another Miami scorpion, who for his part controls all Latin American policy for the Republicans. Among other misdeeds, Mack also was a furious defender of Bosch, at the side of Ros-Lehtinen and George Bush’s son, Jeb Bush, now being proposed by his father to succeed Barack Obama.
3. Otto Reich, the former U.S. Ambassador in Caracas, where he managed to get Bosch out of prison in order to later “insert” him into the United States despite his long terrorist history. In addition to having been sent as a Special Envoy for Latin America by the ex-President George W. Bush, Reich is notorious for his behind the curtain manipulations of not only the 2002 coup d’etat in Venezuela but the 2009 coup in Honduras, doing more than anyone else to legitimize it. Recall that this same Reich managed the misleading office of “public diplomacy” during Ronald Reagan’s regime, fighting the Sandinistas with a battery of lies.
4. Roger Noriega, the Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs during the W. Bush regime, and an eminent member of the Cuban American mafia. Noriega is so tied to the ultra-rightwing Bushes that he was also the U.S. representative before the Organization of American States. Not only a friend of Reich’s, but also of Elliot Abrams, John Negroponte and Roger Pardo-Maurer, he was part of the “team” that managed Oliver North during the badly named “Iran-Contra” operation. This “super-agent” for the CIA has even been suspected in the murder of the Maryknoll missionaries William Woods, Yado Ite Ford, Maura Clarke, and Dorothy Kazel, in El Salvador, along with Cuban Americans located in Miami and the then CIA ambassador for Venezuela in El Salvador, Leopoldo Castillo.
5. Surprise! Amongst such eminent specimens of Washington’s ultra-rightwing fauna, Alejandro Aguirre, no less, will appear! The departing president of the Inter-American Press Association (IAPA) and son of an admitted CIA agent, Aguirre heads the Diario Las Américas in Miami, and preaches “freedom of the press” while leading this cartel of communications moguls who jealously guard the informationa monopoly they impose on the entire continent. He was one of those who, along with Ros-Lehtinen, approved most highly of the Roberto Micheletti coup in Honduras and who repeated more than anyone else that there was NO attempted coup d’etat in Ecuador.
6. Then we have the Venezuelan camp, headed by Guillermo Zuloaga, the president of the Venezuelan television network, Globovision, putschist extraordinaire, involved in every kind of conspiracy, a fugitive from Venezuelan justice for a long list of crimes and a guest of the Obama administration in Miami, sanctuary of terrorists, corrupt politicians, murderers and torturers from all over Latin America. No doubt he will be accompanied by several examples of this squalid kind of refugee now making their homes in Florida.
7. José Cardenas, the former assistant administrator for USAID (fronting for the CIA) in Latin America, where he succeeded the Cuban American swindler Adolfo Franco, who forcefully diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars to an entire group of parasites in the “Anti-Castro” industry.
8. From Bolivia, the president of the opposition Civic Committee of Santa Cruz, Luis Núñez, and from the Human Rights Foundation (HRF), Javier El-Hage, both part of a conspiracy to assassinate the Bolivian president, Evo Morales, in April, 2009, through a terrorist commando operation led by the mercenary Bolivian-Hungarian Eduardo Rózsa Flores. The HRF was directed from New York by the Cuban American terrorist Armando Valladares, the same who later showed up in Tegucigalpa and who will surely be on hand this week at the Capitol.
A Long Guest List That Leads All the Way to Peña Esclusa
According to the Télam notice, the ex-U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica, Jaime Daremblum will also be on hand, now from the Hudson Institute; Joseph Humire, of the Atlas Economic Research Foundation; Jon Perdue, from the Fund for American Studies; and John Walters, the former director of the White House Office of Drug Control Policy.
All are identified in Washington as part of the most recalcitrant extreme rightwing. Perdue, the pseudo-intellectual was a defense witness for the Argentine lieutenant Roberto Guillermo “El Ñato” Bravo, the author of the Trelew Massacre, who was freed from an Argentinean extradition request thanks to a judge in Miami.
Upon analyzing the brief published notice, observers note that in light of the web of names already on the list, many other names ought to be there as well; logically these would even include people linked to Alejandro Peña Esclusa, the head of the fascist brotherhood UnoAmérica, currently under arrest in Caracas for possession of 900 grams of military-grade C-4 explosive.
Still unknown are which participants will come from Ecuador, from mutilated Honduras, from Nicaragua. And from Costa Rica, where what may turn out to be the first act in another plot is already underway. Topping off the aberrant proceedings, the meeting will be held under the title “Anger in the Andes: Threats to Democracy, Human Rights and Inter-American Security.”
Meetings of those who partake in the use of violence against the progressive leaders and countries on the continent have taken place on various occasions in Miami, but this appears to be the first time that such a large number of individuals linked with the use of terror will come together on U.S. territory. Even more incredibly, within Washington itself, news of the meeting was held in the highest secrecy despite the fact that it will take place in the very meeting rooms of the House of Representatives for a country that every year, publishes an official list of “State Sponsors of Terrorism” as a means to sanction whoever opposes its attempts to dominate the world.
Jean-Guy Allard (1948, Shawinigan, Quebec) is a French Canadian journalist who as editor and reporter worked for Le Journal de Montréal and Le Journal de Québec from 1971 to 2000. He retired to Cuba, and now who writes for Granma. He has written several books, including one on Robert Ménard and Reporters without Borders, and one on Luis Posada Carriles. He lives in Havana and is an expert on the Miami Mafia. Machetera is a member of Tlaxcala, the network of translators for linguistic diversity. This translation may be reprinted as long as the content remains unaltered, and the source, author, and translator are cited.